With the closing of Chimera Games, we discuss the role of Friendly Local Game Stores in our hobby, and what the future may hold. Ryan and Perram chat it up, review what they’ve been reading, and answer your questions in this live episode of the Pathfinder news, reviews, and interviews podcast!
Know Direction Episode 95
Golarion 101 with Pathfinder developer Mark Moreland
- Mark’s Pathfinder Wiki credentials;
- There’s something about Golarion;
- The Inner Sea Region;
- Not the Inner Sea Region;
- Unexplored Golarion;
- Distant Worlds;
- Resources to explore by region/Adventure Path;
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Occult Adventures will feature six new classes: the reality-warping kineticist, the spirit-infused medium, the manipulative mesmerist, the relic-wielding occultist, the mind-master psychic, and the phantom-bonded spiritualist.
PFS players are not only allowed to playtest these classes, anyone who does receives a special Chronicle sheet with an exclusive boon.
The release of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Strategy Guide, originally due in the first quarter of 2014, has been pushed back again, this time to February 25, 2015. Although previous delays have been attributed to the complexity of the layout, this time it was a printing error that caused the delay. Unlike the ACG Adventure Path misprint that Paizo took full responsibility for, this one was apparently the printer’s fault.
Mike Brock, PFS Global Organized Play Coordinator posted a response to some of the critiques of PFS this season on the Paizo forums and his Facebook page: Mike, John Compton, Mark Moreland, and Mark Seifter had a six hour meeting with Lisa Stevens and Erik Mona about improving Pathfinder Society, which will start to be implemented as early as January.
To sum up:
- There will be a VO product review team to keep the campaign ballanced and on tone, and to flag questionable or confusing rules;
- Factions will be brought back to the forefront to regain their flavor and importance in the campaign, but the Pathfinder Society will still come first;
- They are exploring an idea for limited replay;
- There will be more player content, both more scenarios and more quests.
- Shorter scenarios! With easier prep!
- A shift away from meta plot that revolves around an AP.
Wrap Up and Shout Outs
http://jonbrazer.com/2014/11/10/pathfinder-adventurers-helping-out/ Whenever you donate food, money, or time to your local food bank, share it on social media with the hashtag #AdventurersHelpingOut. As our thanks, Jon Brazer Enterprizes will send you a free copy of Book of Beasts: War on Yuletide.
This podcast is a member of RPG Podcasts.