Many game groups fall apart for want of a Game Master. You only need one GM for every five, six, even seven players, and yet that can be a challenge. This episode asks “why?” Why do some players shy away from GMing? Why do others flat out refuse?
• You are the god of this world, 99% of its inhabitants, and everything happening there;
• You decide the setting, the story, the tone, etc.
• Like the look of a class but don’t want to commit to it? NPC. Only think a class gets fun after 5th level? NPC. Have a silly voice or character concept you want to play around with but not commit to for a whole campaign? NPC;
• You don’t need to meet prerequisites to run a monster.
Why Not GM?
• You only get a snippet of a character at a time;
• Your reward is losing every combat; • This is not a dictatorship, it is a democracy with dice;
• Juggling ferrets and chainsaws;
• When you GM, you can’t play.
• PFS GM Rewards:
o Reroll bonuses!
• Game Masters Get More (Chimera reward program)
• Supper and snacks are covered;
• Help pay for stuff?
• Regular GM rotation?
• Easing pressure;
If you haven’t visited 35privatesanctuary.com lately, here’s what you might have missed:
- More RPG Superstar coverage than you can shake a +2 stick of shaking at! Including:
- Know Direction RPG Superstar 2014 Special – Interlude, where RPG Superstar hopefuls Mikko Kallio and Jacob W. Michaels offer insight into the RPG Superstar 2014 journey via MP3 and blog, respectively;
- Followed by the Know Direction RPG Superstar 2014 Special, where you can hear from 15 of the RPG Superstar top 16 contenders of 2014.
- And there’s a new Geek Together up in which Cathy and I discuss Guardians of the Galaxy and Supernatural.
Visit DriveThru RPG for all your RPG PDF needs.
This podcast is a member of RPG Podcasts.