If you missed the announcement, Know Direction is now recorded in front of a live Google Hangout audience. This was Ryan and Perram’s first forray, but the format is largely the same. Banter, news, reviews, your questions, and more in Know Direction episode 56.
- Mics! Camera! Hangout!
- Valter, the build, the miniature
- Project Updates: Perram – New Notebook ready to actually show off. Folding Table also ready to show off.
- Perram’s Spellbook Alpha Launches! – http://www.theGM.org/alpha/
- Thanks Reaper Bryan!
- New Module Format! (How did we miss this?!) –
“Pathfinder Modules: The Dragon’s Demand is deluxe super-adventure for 1st-level characters, and kicks off a relaunch of Paizo’s popular Pathfinder Modules line, which now includes 64 action-packed pages of adventure and a beautiful two-sided full-color poster map with each quarterly release! Players can expect to reach 6th level by the time they complete this epic adventure—if they manage to survive!”
- Board Discussion: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2p7r9?The-new-64-page-format-discuss
- Does this mean the RPG Superstar here will be twice as large as the last two?!
- RPG Superstar: Round 2: Archetypes (winners will be announced the day before we record) http://paizo.com/rpgsuperstar/round2Rules
- Free RPG Day! – We Be Goblins, Too!
- According to Mike Brock on Facebook: “We will be scheduling parts 1 and 2 back-to-back at Gen Con!”
- Pathfinder Battles:Builder Series: We Be Goblins
- From the description: seven figures with new paint decos plus five all-new sculpts.
- From the press release: The set contains five brand-new sculpts, including all four pre-generated goblin player characters from both We Be Goblins adventures.
- In the thread, Erik Mona states: “Orcs is something I’d really like to do in a Builder Series, but right now we have only 2 orc sculpts (three if you count half-orcs), and that’s not quite enough to base one of these Builder Series releases on. Now, if one of the upcoming full sets has a bunch of orc figures, then the chances increase dramatically…”
- New Customer Service Representative
- Cosmo gets sales team promotion Sales Associate
- Sara Marie gets promotion to Customer Service Manager
- New Customer Service Representative position open until Monday, February 11, 2013. It could be you!
- Tomb of Horrors Complete – Now Available in Hero Lab! – Ditto to Rappan Athuk.
- Kinda nuts that they were able to do all that work! What other third party stuff is available for Hero Lab?
- Re-Reminder: GenCon and PaizoCon Registration Dates!
PaizoCon: July 5-7, 2013
GenCon: August 15-18
What We’re Reading
- Pathfinder Comics 2-4 Ditto (except #4)
- Pathfinder Companion – People of the North
- Conflict PvP: Tactics & Teams (Conflict Games LLC) Preorder now available!
- Previously reviewed in Know Direction episode 8 (http://www.35privatesanctuary.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=231:008knowdirection&catid=35:the-tome-know-direction&Itemid=34)
- Author: Mark M. Scott
- Art credits on page 2
- February. It’s a 258 pgs, hardcover, full color interior and hardcover monster!
- Genius Guide to the Hellion (Super Genius Games) http://www.supergeniusgames.com/) http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/110456/The-Genius-Guide-to-the-Hellion
- Author: Owen KC Stephens
- Owen and Steve Russell of Rite Publishing will be interviewed in an upcoming Private Companion (maybe)
- Perram – SORD PF http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=81817&affiliate_id=296418
- Nate Zachritz Facebook I know this is probably stupid one, but I’m trying to find official clarification and wading through the Paizo forums on this subject is a nightmare… Do rogues get Sneak Attack with every attack in a round that they meet the requirements (flanking, etc)? If so, do you think this makes the rogue overpowered and/or broken due to massive amounts of potential damage?
- Answer: Yes, every attack in a round that a Rogue can get that qualifies for Sneak Attack will count. This is why TWF is often used by Rogues.
- Ryan: Rogues are rarely considered overpowered. Optimizers like to talk rogues down, but 8+Int skill points per level and the most comprehensive skill list in the game is pretty huge by my measurements. How are they in combat? Pretty good. They can certainly deal the damage in the right circumstances. I’m always one to hedge my bets in melee and focus on hitting once over a barrage of attacks, so I recommend the Finess rogue over TWF rogue, but that depends on what you want out of your character. Important to note, the more players in your group, the more likely a rogue can flank, the more powerful a rogue becomes.
- Perram’s Opinion: Not overpowered. It is a lot of damage if it manages to land, but it is balanced by forcing sneaking around or flanking. Rogues are rather fragile in combat compared to other front line characters, and hitting with the 2nd and 3rd round of attacks gets harder and harder. Archers and Two Handed Fighters can deal similar amounts of damage, with less difficulties.
- Brian Darnell Facebook In ep 54 Perram rants about the Ezren pregen’s spell choice. If you had the power to choose what the 1st level Ezren’s spell choice is. What would you pick?
- Perram: Color Spray, Sleep, Comprehend Languages, Enlarge Person, Protection from Evil. Magic Missile and Burning Hands are great spells once a Wizard has a level or two to power them up, but at level 1 there are better choices.
- Brian Gregory in chat Have you guys playtested the Mythic rules yet?
- Matt Belanger I have a question: What is everyone’s experience with the Player Character Folio? I just finished buying and doing my first one. Are you enjoying them?
- Rob Eby What’s in the cage behind Perram?
- Marcus Ewert what if you want to play Reign of Winter but you *don’t* want to play a person of the north?
- Dale McCoy How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Marcus Ewert I’m just curious if anyone else is like me: a compulsive fanboy, who buys everything, but doesn’t actually play??
Wrap Up and Shout Outs:
- Monster-a-go-go (Thanks Brian Darnell for pointing me towards it) http://monstersagogo.tumblr.com/;
- Kicktraq (introduced by Memento Mortis) http://www.kicktraq.com/
- What’s New with Phil and Dixie Archieve – Also in new Gygax Magazine. http://www.airshipentertainment.com/growf.html