Returning to the Private Sanctuary for another exciting installment of their Create Demiplane series, this week Alex and Anthony discuss all things magic in the demiplane! What does it do? How do people react? Does endure elements invalidate the entire setting? All this and more will be covered in the Private Sanctuary!
After listening to Episode 269, come back here and vote in the comments section about whether Anthony and Alex should cover the demiplane’s underworld, races on the demiplane, or start designing specific city states. Leave your votes in the comments, and the winning topic will be the subject of the next Create Demiplane!
Create Demiplane Thus Far ….
- A quick summary of our Demiplane after Episode 259.
- “Subartic Plane” – Everything has been frozen over by ice and snow. No sunlight. Think Alaska in the dead of winter, year-round.
- Major Deity — Codename “Flame Deity.” True Neutral. Major Deity. Has the following domains: Community, Healing, Fire, Protection, and SCALYKIN (You Decide winner!).
- Settlements are “fueled” by dragons; their fire keeps the settlements running.
- Primarily Red and Golds. Need mortals to build them shelters because red/gold dragons are vulnerable to cold and would eventually die without a place to retreat to.
- Dragons are seen by mortals as avatars/children of the Major Fire Deity. Governments are theocracies with the settlement’s dragons acting as rulers.
- New settlements are given an egg and a group of clerics to act as the wyrmling’s regents. The clerics have full power over the new settlement until the dragon reaches Adulthood (101 years).
- Dragon flames provide heat and light for living, cooking, and growing food.
- Silver and white dragons are in the setting; don’t know about other colors.
- Dragon Alignment isn’t set in stone; dragons tend towards their bestiary alignments, but their alignment is overall fluid.
- Magma dragons are forces of nature and aren’t commonly used for settlements. One, maybe two known examples. (Thought: Forge city with magma dragon in a massive furnace.)
- Brass dragons are also city dwellers. Together, a brass and a gold dragon might have forced reds into the current symbiotic arrangement.
- Whooly Rhinocerraptors are a major danger. Need to figure out what they eat.
- Less powerful, domestic rhinoceraptors exist. They are primary mounts / modes of travel.
- Cosmic Covenant: Clerics worship gods to get the powers they need to survive, plus have to service dragons.
- Lots of draconic sorcerers and bloodragers.
- Wizardry isn’t necessarily hated, but isn’t well liked. Maybe there’s a city of wizards that is trying to break the status quo?
- Undead have their own cities. Ravener who makes you kill yourself to serve him. Isolationist lich who isn’t having any of your stuff. The cold weather basically insta-mummifies undead for you.
- Ravener Dragon City is bad-ass.
- Mesmerist controlling a young dragon for petty self-indulgence. Occultists often uses draconic implements and are thusly hated. Psychics sort of ignored. Kineticists are either feared (water) or taken by the state (fire).