Find out all about the class that brings a gun to a sword-and-sorcery fight, the gunslinger!
Book: Ultimate Combat
Concept: A steel-toting, rough-riding, quick-drawing son of a gun. (Lirianne)
- The Batman Test
- Our gunslingers: None. Ever.
- Full BAB / D10 HD;
- 4 + Int skill points, Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
- simple, martial weapons, all firearms, light armor;
- Class features:
- 1st Gunsmith: Free blunderbuss, musket or pistol that you can’t jam, Gunsmithing feat.
- 1st Deeds: Gain deeds of your level or lower, spend grit to do something amazing.
o 1st, 3rd, and every fourth level thereafter.
- 1st Grit: Replenishing pointes-based resource equal to the gunslinger’s Wisdom mod. Regained by confirming a critical hit or dropping a target with a gun.
- 2nd Nimble: +1 dodge AC wearing light or no armor. +1 every four levels beyond 2nd.
- 4th Bonus combat or grit feat every fourth level.
- 5th Gun Training: Pick a type of gun. Add Dex mod on damage rolls with that type of gun. Every four levels thereafter pick another type of firearm.
- 20th True Grit: Two grit-spending deeds costs 1 less grit point.
- Deadeye (1st): Target touch AC, spend 1 grit per range increment beyond first.
- Gunslinger’s Dodge (1st): When trageted with a ranged attack, spend 1 grit to move 5 feet as an immediate action +2 bonus to AC
- Quick Clear (1st): As a standard action, fix a broken firearm, spend 1 grit to quick clear as a move action.
- Gunslinger Initiative (3rd): +2 initiative, can draw a firearm as part of the initiative check if she has the Quick Draw feat.
- Pistol-Whip (3rd): Spend 1 grit to melee attack with firearm as a standard action.
- Utility Shot (3rd): Replace an attack with one of the following:
- Blast Lock: Disable lock by shooting it;
- Scoot Unattended Object: Move object with bullets;
- Stop Bleeding: Cauterize wound.
- Dead Shot (7th) Full-round action to fire all shots at a target, dealing additional damage. Good for overcoming DR.
- Startling Shot (7th): Turn a hit into a miss to render target flatfooted.
- Targeting (7th) Full-round action to target body parts.
- Bleeding Wound (11th): Spend 1 grit to cause bleed, or 2 grit to cause ability score bleed.
- Expert Loading (11th): Misfiring a broken gun doesn’t blow it up.
- Lightning Reload (11th) Reload a single barrel of a one-handed or two-handed firearm as a swift action.
- Evasive (15th): Evasion, uncanny dodge, and improved uncanny dodge.
- Menacing Shot (15th) Spend 1 grit point to target an area of effect.
- Slinger’s Luck (15th): Spend grit to reroll a saving throw or a skill check.
- Cheat Death (19th): Spend all remaining grit to be reduced to 1 hp instead of 0 or below.
- Death’s Shot (19th): Spend 1 grit to turn a crit into a save or die.
- Stunning Shot (19th): Spend 2 grit points to stun a hit creature for 1 round.
Ability Scores: Dex, Wis.
Best Race: Human, dwarf, elf, half-elf, half-orc, halfling.
Roles: Ranged damage.
Archetypes: Gun Scavenger (shoots scrap), Gun Tank (heavily armoured), Gunner Squire (supports a knight), Musket Master (obvious), Mysterious Stranger (swap Cha for Wis), Pistolero (pistle specialist), Siege Gunner (cannons specialist), Wyrm Sniper (dragon hunter)
Roleplaying Keywords: Cowboy